Combining my skills in health planning, counselling and education in western and eastern modalities, I work with people to improve their overall health outcomes. Health and wellbeing are a choice that every person can make, provided they have the knowledge, guidance and opportunity to fully embody the change they seek. Understanding that the health of mind-body-soul are all interconnected to the lifestyle we choose to live is the essence of how I work with people wanting change. All aspects of the person are seen as equally important: culture, community, language, nutrition, sleep, physical movement, family, social engagement, spirituality, physical health, mental health, emotional health, environment, lifestyle, education, play. Once connections are enhanced, overall health can be achieved.
Lifestyle & Mindfulness-based counselling practices and focused psychological strategies are incorporated into each session to promote reconnection to your true inner self so that you feel empowered to live life to the fullest. These sessions are offered either as talk therapy sessions, walking-talking therapy sessions or mindful movement through yoga sessions.
Mindful movement through yoga is another form of counselling. Our body is an amazing communication device that stores memories, stress, emotions and feelings. Sometimes, we may not be aware that our body is trying to communicate with our mind to tell us what is going on. Counselling is one way of dealing with difficult things that are going on in your life. Another way is to use yoga techniques, such as postures, breath control, relaxation, and meditation. When you combine both talking and movement techniques, you create a pathway to reconnect your body and your mind. You start to experience what is really going on inside you, and you start to feel sensations that perhaps you have not felt for a while or that you were not ready to face previously. You allow your brain to experience something new and you start to explore new ways of thinking and behaving. These sessions incorporate focused psychological strategies whilst moving through yoga postures. You will have the opportunity to learn new skills and talk about what each posture brings up in you. The sessions will focus on creating a sense of connection between your body and your mind through gentle postures, reflection, breath control and guided relaxation.
Lifestyle & Mindfulness-based counselling sessions are offered through:
- Private talk therapy sessions (face-to-face or by Skype) for individuals.
- Private walking-talking therapy sessions (face-to-face) for individuals.
- Private mindful-movement through yoga sessions (face-to-face) for individuals.
- Corporate group yoga sessions for organisations wishing to implement wellness or recovery programs for staff, clients, residents, students or patients.
- Clinical supervision sessions (face-to-face or by Skype) for health care practitioners.
If you would like to discuss your specific requirements for a tailor-made program to suit your needs, please contact Sabrina on 0457 093 249 or by email: PerthHillsMindfulnessSpace@gmail.com
Sessions are tailored for adults, teenagers, and children above 6 years of age.
- Initial 50min session & one off sessions for individuals: $150
- Subsequent package of 5 x 50min sessions for individuals: $600
- Any further sessions required after first 6 sessions for individuals: $120 each
- Corporate rates and Clinical supervision rates are dependant on requirements and generally commence at $150 per session.
- Concessions available by arrangement dependant on each individual’s needs.
“If you want to know what you were thinking of six months ago, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will look like in six months time, look at your mind today.” – old Chinese proverb
PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM TO EMAIL US
Perth Hills Mindfulness Space is a family home-based practice nestled in the tranquil surrounds of a natural reserve in the Perth Hills location of Darlington.